Saturday, November 23, 2013

The Clothing Conundrum

My home is small, my clothes are much more that that.

I have clothes I love and wear all the time.
And clothes I adore but only wear once a year.
And then there are the ones that I used to wear and maybe will again one day.

The problem is how should the different types of clothing be better stored.

For example, now the clothes I love and wear all the time are piled up on a clothes rack next to my bed. And also kind of lumped up next to it on the floor. This is known as The Primary Closet.

The clothes I wear once a year, are in a separate pile ON TOP of the hamper. Because they are not really dirty enough to wash, and not clean enough to put away in the closet.... this pile is known as The Secondary Closet.

The Closet Closet is the "real" one where all the other clothes are folded or hung, which are mostly clothes I don't really wear (because of the season, or lack of affection on my part. But I may like them again one day. Or need exactly that piece. So they stay.)

I think there are more things in another hamper stuck in the back. But I don't even want to go there.

Looking at the cloth in piles reminds me of the Star Trek ep "The Trouble With Tribbles", and I feel just as helpless against the waves of fabric.


I seriously don't know how to organize them.

Do I need more closet space?
Do I need hooks on the walls for anything I wear all the time?
Do I just need a large cardboard box to put them all in, to search through every morning and pull out what I need?

I have no idea. I'm going to lie down now.

No comments: