Sunday, June 17, 2012

Moving to the Green

Tel Aviv is the city I have lived in since 1995. I moved here the summer before the start of my first year at art school, and was so green that the Apartment for Rent signs were indecipherable.

(What, you really only have to pay rent for every other month?)

Now it is time for me to move. I am moving to the North of Israel, to be able to have "coffee every day" with some of my favorite people, aged 11-45, some of whom Im lucky to be related to!
(The other relatives will have the guest room to stay in whenever they want.)

It will be very strange to not be near the beach.

For years one of the most thrilling things about Tel Aviv for me, was that while standing on the beach, I was also standing on the edge of the continent, all that land behind me, and infinite-seeming space and possibility before me.


In Tel Aviv, the landscapes I painted were full of sky.


Now I am looking for the ground, and the things that I can make grow.

No comments: