Wednesday, September 15, 2010

how is my head like a globe full of glitter?

A week or so ago I started a new job, in a field I have never been involved with before: patent work in a law office.
I had a small confidence, since I have dealt with massive amounts of data in the past, organizing and so on... but now - I feel like my brain is a snow globe that's just been shaken.
So very many random bits of information sloshing around, no connection to each other, occasionally catching the light so I can say, O! I remember what that is!

Information overload, with a side helping of severe disconnection.



I have to laugh even though it's disturbing what happens after a long training session - the trainer's voice becomes like the adults in Charlie Brown cartoons, and I need to get some fresh air.

Hard to say if I like the job yet, but it is entertaining!
At least, if the way my reflection in the mirror is laughing is any indication....




No comments: